Cooking Time: 1 Hour
4 Maris Piper potato
1 egg white
8oz of corn beef (use your local butcher)
100g of grated mature cheddar cheese
2tsp of chopped chives
2tsp of chopped parsley
1 pinch of sea salt
4 sprigs of flat-leaf parsley
2 shallots finely diced
50g of butter
250ml of dry white wine
400ml chicken stock
200ml double cream
4tsp of chopped chives
1. Leave the potatoes in their skins and cook in boiling
water for 10 minutes so that they are still firm. Drain
and peel. Grate the potatoes into a bowl and mix with
half the herbs.
2. Add a pinch of sea salt to the egg white, beat with
a whisk and mix with the grated potato and herb mixture;
season with sea salt and freshly milled pepper.
3. Pat out a quarter of the mix in a circle larger than
the cube of corn beef. Place corn beef and 25g of cheese
in the middle, fold over the potatoes and pat into a
circle. Repeat 4 times. Deep fry at 160ºC degrees
until golden brown.
4. Add shallots to pan with the white wine, place on
heat and reduce white wine to a syrup. Add chicken stock
to pan and reduce by half.
5. Pour the double cream into white wine reduction and
reduce until it coats the back of spoon.
6. Remove from heat and add the chives, check seasoning.
7. Serve the hash browns with the creamy chive sauce.
Serve with large sprigs of flat leaf parsley.
Try our Corn Beef Hash Cake! It’s on our Christmas
2012 specials menu this year!