COMING FOR DRINK?
Our wonderful menu is complemented by an extensive list of wines and real ales. Local companies supply the wines. This relationship means that the list develops according to customer taste, combined with the expertise of the staff, who are trained to help with your choice. The list is augmented by another local supplier, who provides excellent ‘wines of the month’. As wine specialists to the great and good (they have a royal warrant), their wines are equally good with or without food! And if it’s real ales you’re after, there are always four to choose from, including at least two local brews.
At The Bell we are proud of our range of Real Ales. We have four to choose from, or maybe you could try them all!
Purity Brewing Co.
From a micro brewery in Great Alne in Warwickshire, Purity beers are handcrafted and brewed using only premium ingredients. By dedicating their efforts to the highest standards they create beers that are distinctive, characterful and above all satisying. Their two cask ales which we have on sale are as follows:
Purity – Pure Gold
At 3.8% ABV it is a refreshing Golden Ale. Made with English Maris Otter Malt, East Kent and Styrian Golding Hops, creating a surprisingly smooth, easy drinking beer with subtle citrus flavours.
Purity – Pure UBU (pronounced OO-BOO)
Named after the faithful canine friend and the protector of secrets at Purity, Ubu is at 4.5% ABV and is a distinctive premium amber coloured beer. Made with English Maris Otter, Crystal & Black Malts with Challenger and Cascade hops, creating a balanced full flavoured ale that is a pleasure to drink. This ale is the Silver Medal Winner of ‘ The champion Beer In Warwickshire 2006’.
You can visit the purity website at www.puritybrewing.com
Hobsons Best Bitter
Established in the Wyre Valley in1993, Hobsons is a small brewery in the heart of the English countryside. Their Best Bitter is a pale amber brown, medium bodied beer (only 3.8% ABV), with strong hop character throughout. Consequently it is bitter, but with malt discernable in the taste.
Old Speckled Hen 4.5% ABV
A popular Ale – Auburn/Copper in colour,
has a warming taste of fruits and malt.
Our Wine List
- 1 Bella Modella Prosecco – Italy
- 2 Geoffroy Expression Brut Champagne – France
- 3 Bella Modella Pinot Grigio – Italy
- 4 Simonsig Unwooded Chardonnay – South Africa
- 5 Domaine de Haut Perron Sauvignon Blanc – France
- 6 Simonsig Chenin Blanc – South Africa
- 15 Grange des Rocs Picpoul de Pinet – France
- 16 Phillipe Guerin Muscadet ‘Abstraction #1’ – France
- 17 Guy Allion Chenonceaux Blanc – France
- 18 Domaine Jean Dauvissat
- 19 Tenuta Gavi de Gavi – Italy
- 20 Allram Gruner Veltliner – Austria
- 21 Villa Vieja, Viognier – Argentina
- 22 Tindall Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc – New Zealand
- 23 Vasco & The Explorers Alvarinho – South Africa
- 12 Bella Modella Pinot Grigio Rose – Italy
- 13 Sungate Zinfandel Rose – USA
- 14 Chemin de Provence Rose – France
- 7 Villarrica Merlot – Chile
- 8 Man Meets Mountain Malbec – Argentina
- 9 Running Duck Shiraz – South Africa
- 10 Walt Pinot Noir – Germany
- 11 Paternina Crianza Rioja – Spain
- 24 Domaine Moulin Canus, Cabernet Franc – France
- 25 Croix de Marson Bordeaux – France
- 26 Dupre Beaujolaise Villages ‘Vignes de 1940’ – France
- 27 Chateau Gachon Mantagne Saint Emilion – France
- 28 Marques de Riscal Reserva Rioja – Spain
- 29 Colognole Chianti Rufina – Italy
- 30 Musar Jeune Rouge – Lebanon
- 31 Simonsig Pinotage – South Africa
- 32 Pauletts Polish Hill River Shiraz – Australia
- 33 Patagonia Select Pinot Noir – Argentina
- 34 Cascadia Syrah – USA